Are you making that so real for you that you can't experience more ease with parenting? I used to think that too and as I raised my 3 sons and then added in 2 step children, I became a master at making life as hard I could. I mastered:
- projecting my fears, doubts and beliefs onto my children.
- discounting the fact that the kids knew more than I did about many things.
- taking on guilt for the choices that they made.
- feeling alone and hopeless many nights.
- giving away my own power to others and situations.
I had taken all I could take and I made the demand that things change. Then I began asking questions and bit by bit my life and my relationship with my kids began to take on a different way of being. As I let go of the belief that being a parent was hard, more ease has become a reality. Who knew that using some simple pragmatic tools and techniques could have such a profound effect on my life?